Friday, September 7, 2007

all good things...

....come to an end.... with that being said...I guess this post will be a tribute to a little bugger that I grew to know pretty fast (an hour actually). Let this be a tribute to "小 mao mi" AKA 'little cat/kitten'.

Okay, who am I kidding? I hated this thing. Not only did it have a missing eye, but it was malnourished and on the brink of death by starvation. It was also selfish and didn't even appreciate the fact that we were feeding it in its time of desperation and despair. When Bra and Kel found this thing the day before, it apparently had a more pronounced hiss. What was this thing kidding? It's hiss sounded like the steam coming out of a tea kettle. Anywho...this is what it looked like...

9/3/07 (circa 4pm)




**Pictures courtesy of Kel's blogger

....... so these were all taken on Friday afternoon. By the time it hit midnight when I saw Bra, he informed me that the little bugger was gone. That's right... and what was the fate of this pesky thing?....Let me show you....

***BEWARE OF GRUESOME IMAGE AHEAD*** (hey, don't say i didn't warn you)

9/4/07 (circa 930am)



that's right....it became road kill in the driveway that it frequented.

I think this post should make us all realize how much we should appreciate our lives and remember to be thankful for all that you're given. When I saw how this cat was selfish in taking the bread and STILL hissed at me....I got mad.

Mao Mi - I'm not even gonna say RIP to you....cuz damn it, I hated you.

....I have a feeling I'm going to be haunted by the spirit of this cat for some time ....

2 comments:

kelly said...

wow scott, wow...

you actually posted that gruesome picture. Poor mao mi.

Unknown said...

That is SOOOOO SAD!!! Not many things get to me, but the ending of a life does. :o( the thot of him being alive one minute and smooshed to death the next really weighs on you. the thot of him enjoying his first meal in lord knows how long, only to succumb to a gruesome death hours later, goes to show how screwy life is. and what a waste of bread!!!