Friday, January 4, 2008

trial by declaration? GOT IT!

I am here to attest the phenomenon that is...TRIAL BY DECLARATION!!

Dude, last year was not a good year for me in terms of the amount of parking and traffic tickets i got. To ring in the new year, I was slapped with a ticket. Not a parking ticket. Not a traffic ticket. But a FIX-IT TICKET. What the hell man?! What gives?? On the last day of the year, I get slapped with a ticket for of all things, TINT. I never thought that I would get caught for it, but I guess you should never say 'never'!

Anyway, I digress. I'm here to talk about the use of Trial By Declaration. I got 3 tickets this year:

Traffic Ticket 1
Location: Western Ave x Beverly Blvd
Violation: Running a red light
Synopsis: Ummm....driving a little under the influence really DOES impair judgement.
You've all seen the ticket (I posted it on my Xanga). Here is it again for all of you who missed out.

But back then, I didn't know about trial by declaration. How stupid I really was.

Traffic Ticket 2
Location: I-605 South in Irwindale
Violation: Speeding
Synopsis: This happened right after Kel's birthday shindig at Claim Jumpers in Arcadia. This is what happens when you're preoccupied with talking to your passengers that you lose sight of your speed.

Traffic Ticket 3
Location: Valley Blvd x 3rd St.
Violation: Illegal U-turn in a business district
Synopsis: I admit.....STUPID MOVE. I made a U-turn from the curb, cutting 2 lanes and going over a double yellow. What makes it worse? The cop was pulling out onto Valley just as I was making the turn. Not one cop, but like THREE freakin cop cars.

I am here to talk about the last two tickets. Per Nutz' advise, I contested my tickets through Trial by Declaration. It's a simple process- pay the ticket, write a letter of contest, send it in, wait for a decision. Why would you do this?

Name: SCOTT ANTHONY LEE
Court: West Covina Courthouse

1427 West Covina Parkway, West Covina, CA 91790

(213) 742-1928
Violation Date: 05/12/2007
Initial Due Date: 06/26/2007
Case Status: Dismissed
Disposition: Case dismissed on 09/27/2007
Last Action: Court trial
Last Action/
New Appearance Date:
09/27/2007 in 001

Name: SCOTT ANTHONY LEE
Court: Alhambra Courthouse

150 West Commonwealth, Alhambra, CA 91801

(213) 742-1928
Violation Date: 07/27/2007
Initial Due Date: 09/25/2007
Case Status: Dismissed
Disposition: Case dismissed on 12/31/2007
Last Action: Court appearance
Last Action/
New Appearance Date:
12/31/2007 in 002


I am living proof that this works!! That's $563 that I was able to claim back. Shit son, I got boba money now!

Moral of this post (for all those who haven't gotten the message already): USE TRIAL BY DECLARATION!!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

yay congrats buddy!!! that's why you should always listen to meeee.... :o)

eco-nut said...

Hi! LOL, got a kick outa your red-light pic! On a more serious note, I'm attempting to do a Trial by Declaration and was wondering what you wrote that got you out of the speeding ticket? Many thanks!!

Anonymous said...

Good post.

Anonymous said...

hey i know this is an old post but can you tell me exactly what you said as your statement/defense in the trial by declaration?

Unknown said...

Hey buddy, i paid full amount and sent letter to court. and i got below information, did i won the case or lost?

Violation Date: 03/18/2010
Initial Due Date: 06/22/2010
Case Status: Court
Disposition: 07/22/2010
Last Action: Court trial
Last Action/
New Appearance Date: 10/08/2010 in 001

Unknown said...

can you email to me : skyanky@hotmail.com