Monday, August 13, 2007

technological dependence??

Vegas this weekend was awesome....good friends....good food.....good times. Getting there took a bit of planning, but in the end, I ended up driving my sister's RSX since my car's leased and well....I have a stringent mileage restriction (12,000/year -- 31 cents/additional mile) I'm currently at 27,000 miles and only 22 months....you do the math. But yeah, as it turns out, I thought I'd be fine driving this weekend without my tech gadgets in my car. Boy, was I wrong....



I realized that I'm virtually a paralyzed blindman without my navi. On the way there, I had the perception that Bra would serve as a reliable navigator. Before reaching the MGM Signature, I commited 2 missed turns cuz I was blind-sighted without my navi. That was the first scenario. The second was on the way back from the Wynn trying to get back to the hotel. Took us about 20 minutes to get back cuz I went around in circles trying to find that stupid street KORVAL. The last scenario was trying to get to the breakfast place on Sahara Ave., and freaking out when I thought that I was lost again.

All in all, I've realized that my navi is my best friend. Thank you Ismelda for always guiding me on the right path. I love you.

Vegas, in sum, was an awesome trip. Here are the highlights of my weekend:

-- eating the lunch/dinner buffet @ the Wynn (lunch transitioned into dinner without us having to pay the difference which was $9....SCORE!) we stayed there from 2:45 pm to nearly 5:30 pm =)

-- ROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS!! with everyone

-- Finally meeting up/randomly bumping into my good friend Ryan Yoshiyama after knowing him for what...6 years??

-- Almost throwing it down with some crazy black chick to told me to "Get over yourself!" and throwing a used tissue in my face

-- Laughing uncontrollably for almost 30 mins

-- Eating at Eggs and I for lunch the next day

WOOOO HOOOOOO!! I can't wait til the next Vegas trip...which'll probably be after Sept. 22nd

Carry on, folks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

navi and lasik are the two things that you will never regret spending your money on and worth every last cent! that means, get lasik now!!! even if it means you have to eat ramen for a year....